For the last 2 weeks, I’ve been experiencing Australia at its’ best with a bunch of my friends from the University of the Sunshine Coast! In a quick summary, I visited the Whitsunday’s and Sydney. But what you don’t know is how much fun those 2 stops have been! I’ll break this down into 2 blogs: 1) Whitsunday’s & 2) Sydney.
- My first stop was Airlie Beach, where we stayed at a hostel and partied like crazy! Airlie Beach was a nice small town, but full of life (especially at night) and beautiful women. My first night was off to a good start. That was also the first time I’ve ever stayed at a hostel. It was quite dirty and not my favorite place. Overall, I would give Airlie Beach a 7 out of 10.
- The second day we boarded a boat that took us to Long Island, where we spent the entire week. Long Island was built more for families, but we made it a party spot and met a lot of people, including a few old couples who loved us. Our hostel was located in the back of the resort, but it was perfect for us. We basically had no food the entire week. The only thing that filled us was our lovely alcoholic beverages we managed to buy before coming to the island. I think from this point you should be able to guess how the rest of the week went. PARTY!!
- While in the Whitsunday’s, we had a bunch of fun adventures that we booked with STA before we left. They were extremely helpful. The following occurred from April 1st – April 5th:
- Rock climbed the small mountain on Pelican Island
- Enjoyed a 4.4 kilometer hike to Sandy bay where we drank Goon, played baseball, & ran naked, which led to cutting my foot on rocks! My friend also got stung by a jelly fish!
- Sailed the Camira to Whitehaven Beach
- Snorkeled at Knuckle Reef
- Drunken hot tub adventures
- My week came to an end 2 days earlier than our group. I chose to leave for Sydney and spend a week traveling alone, or so I thought.
Tagged Queens University of Charlotte, Australia, Student, Charlotte, University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy downs, Queensland, MaxAUS2012, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, College, eating competition, music, party, hike, beach, sunshine coast, whitsunday islands, pacific ocean, vacation, long island, hamilton island, travel, abroad, friends, holiday, sailing, snorkeling, great barrier reef, knuckle reef, fish, ocean, sand, whitehaven, camera, resort, dangerous, injury, drunk, airport, jet star, island, goon, wine, lizard, birds, jelly fish, sting, pain, limping, pelican island, kilometer hike, alcoholic beverages, sandy bay, camira, old couples
So why did I choose 12? Well 12 is my lucky number so I’m thinking you’re about to listen to 12 awesome songs because you were lucky enough to read this! Below is a great list of songs ranging from hip-hop to dance/techno. I found all of these songs while in Australia, mostly by hearing them at the club or on my friend’s computer. Let me know what you think & please remember to vote on you favorite song at the end! They are in no specific order.
12. Havana Brown – Run the Night
Tagged Queens University of Charlotte, Australia, Student, University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, MaxAUS2012, College, Business, Communication, DJ, music, beach, sunshine coast, entrepreneur, Havana brown, run the night, taio cruz, hangover, Rihanna, where have you been, kaskade, lessons in love, Bombs Away, super soaker, Avicii, Fade Into Darkness, Calvin Harris, Feel so close, Timomatic, set it off, tyga, Mothafucka up, nicki minaj, my feelings for you, Reece Mastin, Good night, The X-Factor, chuckie, what happens in vegas, hip-hop, pop, rap, techno, dance music, party rock, party music, top songs, bilboard, clubs, Fridays, music videos, vevo, youtube, @TheReal_Maximus, list of songs, lucky number
This campus is sick! I’m very impressed with how well kept everything is. All of the buildings are modern and very colorful. USC doesn’t seem real to me, but it’s a place to study haha. There are palm trees everywhere and kangaroos in every courtyard! It might take awhile to get used to, but I can see myself doing well here.
Orientation: I have to say “O-week” is not great. It’s stretched to 7 days and all the information isn’t that important to me. I also can’t believe they aren’t giving us name tags. There are too many people to keep track of and to remember their names! One thing I do like, is how friendly the staff are. They seem happy all the time and extremely outgoing and approachable.
I’m not happy to say this, but I won an eating competition yesterday at the pool party USC held for us. It was disgusting. I had to eat 2 candy bars, a cereal bar with Vegemite (NASTY) and a cookie with whip cream. I did all of this to win a $20 gift card that I actually never received. I walked away laughing and in search for a drink. Vegemite is awful.
After the pool party, we through a pool party for ourselves back at UniCentral (our apartments) that was awesome. It looked just like that new movie that’s coming out with the kid who wants to be know/cool. Everyone was out of control and having a blast. We later cleaned up and jumped the fence to Varsity apartments to join their party with a DJ. It was EPIC. Everyone had their own dance styles, which was very entertaining. These kids go H.A.M. here.
Tagged Study abroad, Queens University of Charlotte, Australia, Charlotte, University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, MaxAUS2012, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, College, cereal bar, whip cream, eating competition, candy bars, pool party, usc, Twitter, orientation, united states, DJ, music, party