For the last 2 weeks, I’ve been experiencing Australia at its’ best with a bunch of my friends from the University of the Sunshine Coast! In a quick summary, I visited the Whitsunday’s and Sydney. But what you don’t know is how much fun those 2 stops have been! I’ll break this down into 2 blogs: 1) Whitsunday’s & 2) Sydney.
- My first stop was Airlie Beach, where we stayed at a hostel and partied like crazy! Airlie Beach was a nice small town, but full of life (especially at night) and beautiful women. My first night was off to a good start. That was also the first time I’ve ever stayed at a hostel. It was quite dirty and not my favorite place. Overall, I would give Airlie Beach a 7 out of 10.
- The second day we boarded a boat that took us to Long Island, where we spent the entire week. Long Island was built more for families, but we made it a party spot and met a lot of people, including a few old couples who loved us. Our hostel was located in the back of the resort, but it was perfect for us. We basically had no food the entire week. The only thing that filled us was our lovely alcoholic beverages we managed to buy before coming to the island. I think from this point you should be able to guess how the rest of the week went. PARTY!!
- While in the Whitsunday’s, we had a bunch of fun adventures that we booked with STA before we left. They were extremely helpful. The following occurred from April 1st – April 5th:
- Rock climbed the small mountain on Pelican Island
- Enjoyed a 4.4 kilometer hike to Sandy bay where we drank Goon, played baseball, & ran naked, which led to cutting my foot on rocks! My friend also got stung by a jelly fish!
- Sailed the Camira to Whitehaven Beach
- Snorkeled at Knuckle Reef
- Drunken hot tub adventures
- My week came to an end 2 days earlier than our group. I chose to leave for Sydney and spend a week traveling alone, or so I thought.